All-Star tryouts will take place May 14th and 15th at Maplewood M7. Teams will play in 4-5 scrimmage games, plus Cary's Tournament of the Stars July 6 - 11th and the Barrington Classic July 15th - 18th.
All-Star season will run May 15th to July 31st and will be worked around the in-house schedule. Players must be current in-house softball players and be available for both tournaments. RSVP to TOS Director at email@example.com
May 14th - 8U 5:00pm, 10U 6:00pm, 12U 7:00pm
May 15th - 14U 10:00am
Registration for the following leagues are now closed. Enjoy Spring Break! Practices will start the week of 4/5/21.
Colt is open
Softball Registration is now closed. Have a great season ladies!
- Tom Rivera, CGYBS Girls Director
As we look forward to seeing you all on the diamonds for the Spring 2021 season, please review the following precautions / procedures we plan to follow at our fields to make your experience as safe as we possibly can. Remember, it will take ALL of us—directors, coaches, parents, and players—to make this a successful season as possible.
* No player will be allowed to play without first submitting a signed COVID-19 waiver. The waiver has been included with the registration. By signing the waiver, parents agree to follow the rules included in this message.
* No player, coach, umpire, or spectator may attend a CGYBS event if he or she has a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, a fever of 100.4 F or higher, chills, muscle pain, a headache, sore throat, and/or a new loss of taste or smell. Anyone with these symptoms may return 10 days later or when he or she is free of fever without the use of fever-reducing medication. This is required to be monitored by adults and parents of players.
* Game times may need to be staggered based on the number of teams.
* Coaches are required to maintain a roster of attendance for players whether the players are attending practice or a game. Rosters should be forwarded to the respective directors.
* At the end of a game, each team will salute the other team by waving caps from the first and third-base lines. No handshakes or high fives.
* Each player is required to bring his or her own water, snacks, and hand sanitizer. No group snacks or spitting seeds allowed.
* To encourage social distancing, bleachers will be closed.
* Brightly-colored ribbons will be hung outside the fields along the first and third-base fences every six feet for players to distance their gear bags.
* Dugouts will only be for team equipment and the next two batters up to bat. Otherwise, players will return to their families when not on the field.
* All umpires will be near the pitcher.
* Concessions is planned to be open, with social distancing while in line and for the safety of our staff.
* Restrooms will be open.
Folks, there’s light at the end of the COVID tunnel. Let’s ALL make this a safe season!
CGYBS Board of Directors
CGYBS registration for Baseball and Softball for the 2021 season is now live!! Games will begin on Saturday May 1st.
We are also looking for Team Sponsors for the 2021 Season. If you own a local business or know someone who does, this is a great opportunity to support your local youth baseball & softball teams.
Please see our new Bat Requirements page for league-by-league information on bat weight, length, and BPF requirements.
We're still looking for help in concessions for 2021. We've got 1 person that has volunteered their time (Melissa Garski) to help with concessions but we need at least 1 more person (preferably 2) to get involved. Please consider lending your time and talents to the kids of our community.
I'm happy to discuss this position with you should you have questions. I can be reach at 847-226-4431 or at firstname.lastname@example.org should you want to chat.
Having been a director in the league for several years--2 at Stallion and 2 at Pinto--I can tell you that it's very rewarding to give back to our wonderful community. Does it take up some of your free time: yeah, it does. But knowing that you are helping the kids of Cary and FRG makes it worth-while.
I hope that some folks out there will join our cause for the kids of Cary-FRG!
CGYBS Mustang Co-Director
CGYBS families - A few reminders on various policies that apply to our facilities.
No Pets allowed on School District Property (Maplewood and Cary Jr High). Please observe this rule so that we may continue to have access to our fields.
No Smoking allowed at CGYBS games.
Parking. Please limit car parking to designated spots in our lots or on the streets.
Thank you !
Please see the document below for instructions on using our calendar.