Dick's Sporting Goods in Algonquin has generously offered a 20% off through the store coupon for CGYBS participants. The offer is valid at the Algqonuin location from August 14th to August 17th.
Boys Baseball and Stallions/Fillies is now closed for registration. We will wait list individuals at this point. Teams are being put together this week with practices starting the week of 8/3. Games will start the week of 8/10/20.
Girls Softball registration is still open and will remain open until all spots are filled at a level.
Muppet (1st & 2nd Grade)-4 spots available
Midget (3rd & 4th Grade)-3 spots available
Minor (5th & 6th Grade)-5 spots available
Click the links below to register.
CGYBS Board of Directors
As we look forward to seeing you all on the diamonds for “Fall Ball”, please review the following precautions / procedures we plan to follow at our fields to make your experience as safe as we possibly can. Remember, it will take ALL of us—directors, coaches, parents, and players—to make this a successful season as possible.
**As it relates to BOYS and STALLIONS/FILLIES (T-Ball) registrations, you will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver at the time payment is due (this is already taking place for softball as that registration currently requires a fee).**
Registration for baseball and softball remain open until July 15th. Links to register are right above this message.
* No player will be allowed to play without first submitting a signed COVID-19 waiver. The waiver has been included with the registration. By signing the waiver, parents agree to follow the rules included in this message.
* No player, coach, umpire, or spectator may attend a CGYBS event if he or she has a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, a fever of 100.4 F or higher, chills, muscle pain, a headache, sore throat, and/or a new loss of taste or smell. Anyone with these symptoms may return 10 days later or when he or she is free of fever without the use of fever-reducing medication. This is required to be monitored by adults and parents of players.
* Game times may need to be staggered based on the number of teams.
* Coaches are required to maintain a roster of attendance for players whether the players are attending practice or a game. Rosters should be forwarded to the respective directors.
* At the end of a game, each team will salute the other team by waving caps from the first and third-base lines. No handshakes or high fives
* Each player is required to bring his or her own water, snacks, and hand sanitizer. No group snacks or spitting seeds allowed.
* Due to the 20% capacity, all bleachers will be closed.
* Brightly-colored ribbons will be hung outside the fields along the first and third-base fences every six feet for players to distance their gear bags.
* Dugouts will only be for team equipment and the next two batters up to bat. Otherwise, players will return to their families when not on the field.
* All umpires will be near the pitcher.
* Concessions will remain closed.
* Restrooms will be open.
CGYBS Board of Directors
As Illinois has entered Phase 4 of Restore Illinois, we’d like to invite you to register for a late summer / fall season.
When registering for “Fall Ball”, please be sure to register your child for the league / level they would have played in the spring 2020 season.
We will be introducing Stallion / Fillies (T-Ball) for the 2020 Fall season in addition to the regular levels that we’ve had in the past.
We do not have a firm start or end date for “Fall Ball” but are targeting a late-July /early August start with the baseball season over by mid-October, and the softball season running to mid to late October.
When registering for baseball & Stallions/Fillies, you will not be required to make a payment. Costs for our late summer / fall baseball (+Stallion Fillies) season will be determined later once we establish the number of games we intend to play.
Softball registration will have the fees posted, and payment will be required at the time of registration.
***Registration deadline is July 15, 2020***
Should the season be cut short due to COVID related restrictions, the unused portion of your registration will be refunded.
If/when we play, our intention is to follow recommendations from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), as this is the government office that is supplying businesses and youth sports organizations alike with guidelines for reopening. The Phase 4 plan can be found here: https://dceocovid19resources.com/restore-illinois/restore-illinois-phase-4/.
CGYBS will provide more details in terms of what to expect at our fields if/when games are being played, but expect social distancing, closed bleachers, and limited dugout use, among other things.
Make no mistake: this season will look very different than any other since 1953, and every player, parent, and coach will be responsible for our collective safety and success.
Thanks, as always, for your continued support of CGYBS.
CGYBS Board of Directors
Please see our new Bat Requirements page for league-by-league information on bat weight, length, and BPF requirements.
CGYBS families - A few reminders on various policies that apply to our facilities.
No Pets allowed on School District Property (Maplewood and Cary Jr High). Please observe this rule so that we may continue to have access to our fields.
No Smoking allowed at CGYBS games.
Parking. Please limit car parking to designated spots in our lots or on the streets.
Thank you !
Please see the document below for instructions on using our calendar.